Scribbles

I want to scribble again after a period of dryness for words. Now that my daughter is eight months old, I can hear the call of ideas shouting inside my head again. Although I have not put my way of expressing a thought into practice, I’m willing to give it another shot. With a bit of luck, I wish to be enthused once more.

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

ilang-ilang, curly tops, flat-tops at ferero

When I got home last night my father handed me a huge brown envelop sealed with packaging tape (the ones u see in balik-bayan boxes). I asked him who gave it. But he just shrugged his shoulder.

To my surprise, the parcel contained a garland of ilang-ilang, a pack of curly tops, flat-tops and ferero. I searched for a note only to find none. I assumed it’s him again. This guy I met in college. He usually sends me these things which he considers as symbolic gifts.

The first time, he sent me sampaguita and chocnut, then everlasting and choco mallows, next three pieces of power puff hankies. I only learned it was him after he gave me those hankies.

Well, he stayed outside our house last night and parked his car six houses away from us. He said he waited for me to get home. When he finally saw me, he waited for a few more minutes before he knocked. When I saw him, I just smiled and asked him “Sa iyo galling yun, noh?” He said, “Oo. Pasensya na yun lang ahh….Libre sana kita ng isaw kaya lang ang tagal mo dumating sarado na. Cge, happy birthday na lang. Hindi ako nakalimot ahh. Busy ka lang masyado. Tsaka wala daw kayo nung Friday. Matulog ka na.”

When he left he texted me this—There’s a story behind every friendship. Each friend we make is a start of a story. Our story had a wonderful beginning. Hope this story won’t end……

yun lang ang kwento ko ngayon….;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home