Scribbles

I want to scribble again after a period of dryness for words. Now that my daughter is eight months old, I can hear the call of ideas shouting inside my head again. Although I have not put my way of expressing a thought into practice, I’m willing to give it another shot. With a bit of luck, I wish to be enthused once more.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Tea light candle

Last night the electricity went dead because of the heavy rain. Bored to death I reached for the bag of tea light candles my husband bought months ago for the scented oils he got from mommy. I lighted one candle and tried pouring some of those aromatic oils. To my ignorance, I nearly choked; my lungs couldn't handle the perfume. However, I sampled another one, this time it was chamomile. The whiff of the oil all over the room is favorable to the weather. I can finally relax I told myself.

As always I buried myself inside my blanket with my four big fluffy pillows and started closing my eyes. Then my mind started to imagine again. . . . such a perfect moment to scribble my thoughts I said. So I got up and lighted four tea light candles and began scribbling. . . .

(This is what I wrote)

I hope for a way to amuse myself on a rainy night like this and because of you little one I am able to find a solution in this stillness I'm going through.

You're so small yet the luminosity that you provide is enough to keep me company, enough to protect me from the dark. Even the smallest of insects are rushing towards you. Perhaps they're captivated by your glow or maybe, just maybe they also seek for your protection in the dark like me.

I feel selfish for I only thought of your importance just now. I was so close to giving you away, I considered you an addition to my stack of junk. But here you are serving your purpose and I using you. I'm sorry for I somehow knew that I will never have the chance to repay your kindness. . . soon you'll be gone. And just like the other tea candles ahead of you, you will fade. But before you stop glowing let me thank you for keeping me safe tonight. Goodbye little one. . . .


Then the lights went back =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home