Scribbles

I want to scribble again after a period of dryness for words. Now that my daughter is eight months old, I can hear the call of ideas shouting inside my head again. Although I have not put my way of expressing a thought into practice, I’m willing to give it another shot. With a bit of luck, I wish to be enthused once more.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The town mouse and the country mouse

The town mouse took the longest tunnel on her way home. She was at her worst mood. Thousand thoughts passed her mind as she walked slowly. Thoughts made up of ideas, plans, expectations, worries, concerns, hopes, predictions and plenty of confusions. As she was talking to herself in silence, she heard a voice, “I am lost, do you happen to know the easiest way to the rainbow?" The town mouse paused and looked for the voice. She saw a country mouse in tattered clothes. “Please kind lady, could you show me the way to the rainbow, I am lost,” said the country mouse. In a stern voice the town mouse replied, “I don’t know.” In full curiosity, the town mouse asked, “Why do you want to know? The country mouse answered, “My dear love left me to be with a town mouse like you. I learned from an old tale that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Now, I must have that pot of gold to gain back my dear love. I traveled far in search for the rainbow. They said I should follow the storm. Did the storm pass by already?” “Not yet, but in a weeks time it will,” said the town mouse. “I am sorry, I cannot help you,” the town mouse added. “But you can keep me company, while I wait for the storm,” pleaded the country mouse. “I could sing to you and tell you stories while we wait,” the country mouse said.

To be continued . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home