Scribbles

I want to scribble again after a period of dryness for words. Now that my daughter is eight months old, I can hear the call of ideas shouting inside my head again. Although I have not put my way of expressing a thought into practice, I’m willing to give it another shot. With a bit of luck, I wish to be enthused once more.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

before the show

Technically, this is my second day here in Shenzhen, China. I got here yesterday afternoon around three. My first experience of Shenzhen was not as bad as I thought.

I sat next to a Chinese man who speaks Tagalog in the plane. His name is Willie Co and leaves in Quezon City. He works for Power Cell, makers of cellphone batteries, based here in Shenzhen. He has a shop in Greenhills. Anyway, he was so kind enough to accompany me while waiting for Esther at the Hong Kong airport lobby.

From the airport, Esther and I took the CTS to get to Shenzhen. It was about HK$200 (ang mahal). Isang araw pa lang ako $100 na lang natitira sa pinabaon sa akin ng GS. Well, $150 lng naman ang ibinigay nila, hehehe.

It's a good thing we didn't take the train to Kowloon station to get to Lo wu station (the last stop on the boarder) or else we're going to get lost. I heard that place is so scary. The man I met in the plane (Willie) even warned me. Marami daw manloloko at mandurukot dun.

By the way, I saw the place of the exhibition going to the Hotel yesterday. Grabe sa laki. Panis yung techno park natin sa Sta. Rosa. Panalo din mga kalsada nila dito. Hindi lang malaki ang ganda pa ng landscape.

to be cont....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home