Bangkok
I received my credit card bill this morning and boy was I surprised. Suddenly events during my last trip to Bangkok flashed inside my mind. So this is the feeling of spending quite an amount to get to know a country I regularly visit. I’ve been to Bangkok five times in the past one year, and my recent trip was the only time I was able to explore the city.
I’m not fond of the place until I did some exploring, which left my wallet empty but my spirit stirred. Bangkok is such a wonderful place to travel around. I’ve come to love two things about this place, Tom Yum Goong and King Bhumibol.
Aside from being the most popular soup in the region, Tom Yum Goong is believed to contain many health benefits, and can cure cold and flu viruses.
His Majesty King Bhumibol, Rama IX of the Chakri Dynasty of Thailand is regarded as “The Light of Thailand.” I’ve heard stories about him from people I’ve come across during my trip. I never expected he was so loved by his people. This may sound as mere exaggeration but I didn’t experience even a tinge of dullness listening about his life.
Thailand is the only country in South East Asia that has never been a Western Colony. People here are called “Thai,” which means “The Free.”
I wish to explore other places outside Bangkok when I visit again this November. Hopefully by that time, I’ve already saved enough to visit Chiang Mai ;-)
I’m not fond of the place until I did some exploring, which left my wallet empty but my spirit stirred. Bangkok is such a wonderful place to travel around. I’ve come to love two things about this place, Tom Yum Goong and King Bhumibol.
Aside from being the most popular soup in the region, Tom Yum Goong is believed to contain many health benefits, and can cure cold and flu viruses.Thailand is the only country in South East Asia that has never been a Western Colony. People here are called “Thai,” which means “The Free.”
I wish to explore other places outside Bangkok when I visit again this November. Hopefully by that time, I’ve already saved enough to visit Chiang Mai ;-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home