Scribbles

I want to scribble again after a period of dryness for words. Now that my daughter is eight months old, I can hear the call of ideas shouting inside my head again. Although I have not put my way of expressing a thought into practice, I’m willing to give it another shot. With a bit of luck, I wish to be enthused once more.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My weekend

I went to Albay last weekend with my sister to attend the thanks giving mass of her priest friend, Fr. Guido, who happens to be a very good friend of mine as well. On our way to the airport to catch our 6a.m. flight, I lost my Tamagochi. I know it's a little childish to be playing a Tamagochi at my age.

Somehow a part of me went missing and I started to feel unenthusiastic of the trip. I was so irritated while inside the plane. I watched the clouds float from the window. There is nothing I can do now except tell Atan when he calls that I lost my Tamagochi and hope that he would replace it.

Three hours had made me older just thinking about my Tamagochi. I hoped for things to get better when I arrive Albay. I broke my train of thought as soon as the plane reached the ground. As I got out of the plane, I found myself back into the world I've known 12 years ago. I was a member of a youth organization and used to travel all the time to attend leader's conferences and mission trips.

The sight of Mt. Mayon took my breath away. Suddenly I missed the life. I missed the colors of the country side. The thought about my Tamagochi slowly vanished into the thin air. Despite the recent outburst, Mt. Mayon remains a beauty.

I passed by the ruined bridges caused by the "Bagyong Reming" on our way to Fr. Guido's hometown. My heart ached when I saw the remnants of the shocking devastation. The typhoon took hundreds of lives and millions worth of properties.

On the other side, I spent my whole weekend loving every bit of Mt. Mayon not to forget the stars, the moon, and the fireflies. Yes, the fireflies. I will tell more about the fireflies in my next entry. In the meantime, I need to go back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home